Sunday, October 19, 2008

Autumn Drive

Well we did our first Autumn Drive out in Marengo, they have been doing it for a number of years without us ... :-), imagine that .. but from here on out we will participate in the local tradition.  It was a hoot and helpful in our goal to make our Christmas gifts homemade and/or recycled.   

David and I made an attempt to link some of our Newfoundland Club friends (Tara and Cissy and Tom) with Denise Betsy, Jeff, Patricia and Steve with some of Tara's Harley friends Andrew, Ann and Mike.  We were an eclectic mix and shared a LOT of laughter.   It was an awesome Saturday morning before we ever started the drive .. :-)

Thanks for inviting us Tara and introducing us to Mike, Andrew and Ann!    Here are some shots from the adventure:



This was the end of the day .. Stop 11 .. David, Denise, Steve, Patricia and I are now off to smoke cigars and rest Mr. David's aching back .. 


Blue sky and the Red Barron  .. :)

A lovely stand of birch


Americana and look at Patricia back there stalking the bad boy with spikes in his hair .. :)


We found fungus among us . 

Mr. David took a little break in nature

This was the best of  Stop 2 and other than my finding a rubber stamp for $1.00 that will be the image for our 2009 Christmas cards


Jeff and a bit of Bets at Stop 3 .. :)


I found this guy in one of the Barns .. paid a buck two ninety five and he came with a cute little car .. what a deal



This wasn't for sale .. but caught my eye

:)

Mike, Andrew, Ann and Tara .. 

No rash .. just beautiful berries .. :)

Tara and Cissy we should have brought the Newfs to romp here .. :)

Betsy caught questioning herself, "What kind of line dancing class is this, anyways?" 


Denise finds her inner mountain goat ..  go Billy-etta

4 comments:

Denise said...

It was a fun day! Golly, don't I look like a pissed-off billy goat! Or I was scared of heights!

I like hanging out with "old" friends and making new acquaintances! I'm on for the scavenger hunt but I have to warn you ... I cheat!

UnePetiteSquirrel said...

What fun...let's do it again!!!! Marengo's Holiday Cookie Walk is Dec 6 & 7...may have to leave the Harley's behind this time!

Darla said...

Looks like an awesome trip! Don't you just love this time of year? If only winter weren't on the horizon! You're a good photographer.

Anonymous said...

Beena Said - Gorgeous family picture on your blog header!